QUEST Webinar 04/03/2021: Taxonomy-Compliant Methodologies for De-risking Investments in Buildings
When investing in energy efficient building projects, the actual energy performance of the buildings regularly turns out to be worse than what was predicted pre-construction. This puts investments at risk as the return on investment is lower due to higher energy costs. The EU Taxonomy provides a roadmap to reach the EU’s environmental objectives but this increases the challenge and pressure for real estate investors to assess how an investment is truly sustainable and brings the desired emission reductions.
This webinar will go deeper into the opportunities and challenges that the EU Taxonomy brings for asset managers, mutual and cooperative insurance groups that invest in sustainable building projects. The QUEST-Tool will be presented and how it helps de-risking financial investments in building projects through the integration of Quality Management Services. The QUEST-Tool currently is in a draft version. Participants will be able to provide feedback helping to shape its finalisation.
Who should attend?
- Insurance groups, asset managers & financial institutions that want to learn on how investments in building projects can be more EU Taxonomy-aligned and how the QUEST Tool can support in risk premium calculations.
- Building professionals, HVAC designers and energy consultants that want to learn about a tool that can support them in the long-term when consulting financial actors on complex investment projects.
Date: Thursday 4 March 2021 from 12:00 to 13:00 (CET)
- 12:00 – 'Welcome and Introduction' by Dr. Stefan Plesser (Managing Director at synavision GmbH)
- 12:05 – 'EU Taxonomy for the mutual and cooperative insurance sector' by Sarah Goddard (Secretary General at AMICE)
- 12:20 – 'EU Taxonomy in building projects' by Alexander Kaae Petersson (Project Manager at Sweco Facilities Management)
- 12:35 – 'The QUEST Predictive Valuation Tool' by Cormac Ryan (General Manager at COPILOT Building Commission Certification)
- 12:50 – 'Q&A and Feedback on Tool' moderated by Dr. Stefan Plesser (Managing Director at synavision GmbH)
Interested in knowing more about the QUEST-Tool? You can already test it out yourself here!
Email Jasper Vermaut at email@example.com for questions about the webinar.