Quality Management: De-Risking Green Building Investments to Meet EU Taxonomy Requirements
BuildUp Webinar: Quality Management: De-Risking Green Building Investments to Meet EU Taxonomy Requirements
22 March 2022 – 12:00 to 13:30 - Register here.
The first part of the EU Taxonomy, on Climate Change Mitigation & Adaptation, entered into force on 1 January 2022 and aims to provide a common language on what economic activities can be labelled as ‘sustainable’. Investments going into sustainable building projects are often perceived as a risk as financial actors are not always able to assess the technical risks involved in construction projects. This lack of understanding creates uncertainty if investments will bring the impact on building performance they’re targeting at since building projects don’t always deliver on the predicted performance during the operational phase – they show a “Performance Gap”. When building projects don’t deliver on the expected sustainable impact, they risk not turn out to be Taxonomy-aligned and may loose their “green” status.
QUEST has developed a methodology and toolbox that support investors & building owners to de-risk green investments in buildings. The tools support the integration of the most effective Quality Management Services (Technical Monitoring, Building Commissioning, Green Building Certification) into building projects which address both the performance gap and help you to be Taxonomy-aligned.
Who should attend?
- Insurance groups, asset managers & financial institutions
want to learn on how investments in building projects can be more EU Taxonomy-aligned and how the QUEST Tool can support in risk premium calculations. that
- Building professionals, HVAC designers and energy consultants that want to learn about a tool that can support them in the long-term when consulting financial actors on complex investment projects.
- 12:00 – 12:20: What is QUEST? Quality Management Services to de-risk Green Building Projects
Dr. Stefan Plesser – Managing Director, synavision GmbH
- 12:20 – 12:25: Why QUEST? The need for credible green investments tools
Sarah Goddard – Secretary General, AMICE
- 12:25 – 12:40: How Quality Management Services Support Taxonomy-Requirements
Ole Teisen – Chief Consultant, Sweco Denmark
Alexander Kaae Petersson – Project Manager, Sweco Denmark
- 12:40 – 12:50: The QUEST Predictive Valuation Tool – Live Demonstration
Cormac Ryan – General Manager, COPILOT Building Commissioning Certification
- 12:50 – 13:00: Demonstration of QUEST Methodology
Sergio Olivero – Head of Business & Finance Innovation, Links Foundation
Prof. Marta Bottero – Politecnico di Torino
- 13:00 – 13:10: Sister Project EEnvest: Risk Reduction for Building Energy Efficiency Investment
Dr. Cristian Pozza – Senior Researcher, EURAC
- 13:10 – 13:20: Applying QUEST to De-Risk Green Investments
Jasper Vermaut – Policy & Project Officer, REHVA
- 13:20 – 13:30: Open Discussion Session
Chaired by Dr. Stefan Plesser